12 Comments

+1 WordPress Plugin

By Steven Gray / Posted on 02 June 2011

Plus1 and WordPress

Google added to the Facebook and Twitter button wars yesterday (1st June 2011) by introducing the +1 button to the web. +1 allows users to add a small button that allows users to add a recommendation to a page. What makes this button different to Facebook‘s like button or Twitter’s Tweet button is that Google uses these recommendations to filter out search results based on your friends recommendations of pages as well as pages that have a high number of +1′s.

On the back of this I have created a plugin for WordPress called Plus1 which will add the +1 button to the end of all the pages and the posts automatically. All you have to do is install and enable the plugin and it will add a +1 button to every post and page on your WordPress blog.

If you want to override the +1 with a different style [small | medium or Tall] you can use the short-code:

You can download the Plus1 WordPress Plugin here or on the WordPress Plugin page. Any feedback or feature requests would be much appreciated.

Download Plus1 WordPress Plugin

Categories

Development, Downloads

There are 12 Comments about this post

1. Jack says,

I like the idea of this but when I installed it I got the following text at the top of every post:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for addPlus1(), called in [...]/wp-content/plugins/plus1/plus1.php on line 81 and defined in [...]/wp-content/plugins/plus1/plus1.php on line 51

My WordPress version is 3.0.5

on 02 June 2011 / 9:02 AM

• Steven Gray says,

Rookie mistake sorry. I don’t have warnings enabled on my development server. I have fixed the warning now so download the plugin again and everything should be fine.

Let me know what blog your using it on.

on 02 June 2011 / 9:34 AM

• Jack says,

Great, thanks for fixing so fast!

It’s on the website now and all seems to work well. http://thebikeshow.net/

on 02 June 2011 / 10:23 AM

2. Dan says,

Great Job – a quick feature request though… any chance on pages with multiple posts the url could be added as the post permalink rather than the page URL, similar to what the facebook like button plugins do. Thanks!

on 02 June 2011 / 10:42 AM

• Steven Gray says,

Great Suggestion! I’ll implement that on the next release.

on 02 June 2011 / 11:19 AM

3. Cody says,

I agree with what @dan has suggested.
    Awesome you’re adding it to the next release!

This plugin rocks!!! Thank you so much for making this. I put it on my blog as well and everything so far seems to be working fine. http://www.bankscabinets.com/blog

on 02 June 2011 / 11:32 AM

4. Derek says,

I’ll add this plugin right now to my blog.
    Thanks Steve!

on 02 June 2011 / 11:40 AM

5. Steven Gray says,

Hi everyone,

I’ve updated the plugin so that buttons on multiple pages point to either the posts or pages permalink. Either update the plugin from WordPress plugins page or re-download the source from this page. Hope this makes you all happy :)

Steve

on 02 June 2011 / 2:47 PM

• Cody says,

Steve,

Your bad ass for updating this! I have already recommended it to my other friends. Thanks

on 02 June 2011 / 5:37 PM

6. Hi Steven your plug in looked the best, have installed and activated it, yet don’t see the Plus 1 on any of my site pages/ Blog posts

on 18 December 2011 / 11:44 PM

• Steven Gray says,

I’ll have a look and get back to you with an answer. What version of WordPress are you using?

on 01 January 2012 / 12:40 PM

7. Hello!
    Nice plugin!
    In my blog I described how to add Google +1 Button to every WordPress blog post in respect to iNove theme. I added the +1 button manually editing php files. Probably, it could be useful for someone. The article is here – WordPress: How to add Google +1 Button to WordPress blog post.
    Thanks!

on 16 January 2012 / 2:20 AM

Do you have something to say?